Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alligators!

Fancy and the Mr took me to a restaurant called "Gators," which gave me hope that there might actually be one somewhere. There's a funny picture of a gator on the sign:

Gators sign

Gators Family Restaurant
(There I am standing in front of it.)

Underneath the restaurant, there looked like a likely spot to find an alligator or two.

Underneath

We ate outside on the deck, all the better for seeing the sunset and looking for gators. MrHorse stood up, looked over the rail, and called to us, "There's two of them!" We jumped up to see, and sure enough, floating with just their heads above water, were two very ugly creatures! They tell me that they are as mean as they are ugly. Wow, I can tame lions, and I'm not afraid of tigers, but I don't want to tangle with these beasts!

There's an alligator!

Another one!

Look, Skinny!

There was a lovely sunset over the water, but it made me miss my Scottish mountains, and most of all my dearly beloved back in Delaware. *sniff*

Mobile delta at sunset

Skinny enjoying an Alabama sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment