Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sightseeing in Daphne, Alabama USA

It's about time! I've been vegetating in FancyHorse's house for over two weeks now, and this is the first time Fancy and the Mr have taken me anywhere!

I've met Uncle Sam
A Scottish visitor meets Uncle Sam
(I'm standing right beside him there, but I'm hard to see. Look for my green hat and my tartan cape)

Admired MrHorse's flower garden
Skinny admires MrHorse's garden

And faced down the resident tigers
Facing the tigers

Today I finally got to leave the house! We went to a park in town, and Fancy said we might see some alligators if we're lucky. Nope, no alligators. We did see some pelicans and a squirrel, though.

Two pelicans

A gray squirrel in the parking lot

Fancy let me start a small nature collection: a sample of Spanish moss, some Southern magnolia leaves, and a twig with live oak leaves on it. Oh, and a pine cone, too. MrHorse found a glass jar in his garage so I could stand still for my publicity shots, and also admire the scenery better. That's where I keep my nature collection for now. When I'm ready to travel, it will go into a zipping plastic baggie.

Skinny and her nature collection

There was a playground with some cool slides and climbing things. Wouldn't my darling little toothpicks love this!?

Don't jump, Skinny!

At the end of a boardwalk was the beach, with a view of Mobile Bay. I thought I could see Scotland, but Fancy told me it was just Mobile. Besides, Scotland is too far away to see, and in the opposite direction. I'm missing my home, but there is so much to see in America that I am not quite ready to go back yet.

Skinny looks seaward

Look, braemar! I found some pretty orange Crocs! Can I have some, please, please, please -- pretty please???

Look, braemar -- Crocs!

Well, back to Fancy's house again. She's letting me use her computer to update my blog.

Back home again to update her blog

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Skinny has learned how to use her blog! I'm glad she had such an exciting day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love you to see my SPURTLES blog http://theadventuresofmrbertielspurtle.blogspot.com/
    Am following you too.

    ReplyDelete